Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Decorating Continues







At our house we have a VERY large collection of Christmas decorations. I'm working on sorting them out, passing them on to friends and family or donating. In the meantime, I am still searching for places to put all the decorations.
Our family room tree is pretty funky with round big brightly colored lights and decorations collected over the years. It gives off a warm andhappy light, and it's fun to watch TV in this room with the tree lit.
The dining room buffet has the white Vietri santa, and I love his simplicity. My friend Verna introduced Vietri (imported from Italy) to me, and now I just love that too.
The window with shutters at the stairway was calling out for a wreath. You may recall that I found these old shutters in Rehoboth at a cute little antique store (Early Attic). They were in my garage for 3 years, and then Jan suggested that we get Steve (the iron worker) to make us a window. So we did, and it was installed. I found the artifical wreath at a very cute little store in Vienna called Peartree Cottage (small, but oh-so-cute). Jan hung the wreath for me using one of those Command hangars (they are sticky on one side and then they should be able to come right off leaving no mess). It takes a village sometime to get a project done.
Upstairs in the hallway I placed my big Santas from Nancy Thomas. She is a folk artist here in Virginia, and Willie introduced her to me. I have collected her prints for many years now. For the moment, I like the Santas standing guard against my library wallpaper.
With Christmas just around the corner, we are almost done decorating. Bob takes care of the exterior, so we are pretty lit up there too.



No comments:

Post a Comment