Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Sister, Joanne

I'm sorry to have to share with you that my sister, Joanne, died this week. Pictured above with her daughter, Christine at Courtney's wedding 2 years ago. Joanne lived in Helena, Montana with her husband Jim and 3 children: Michael (age 20), and twins Christine and Eric (age 19). Joanne came out to visit Linda and me during her school break. She has been a cancer patient for 3 years. She became ill while she was visiting us and was admitted to Mt. Vernon Hospital. She died a few days later from complications of cancer. My sister Nancy from Minneapolis has been here these last few days. Jim is here making funeral arrangements. The sisters had a great visit when Joanne first arrived--brunch a week ago Sunday with the whole family out here. As her little 3-year-old great niece Ava said this weekend, "Joanne has gone to heaven to be with the angels and her dogs".

No comments:

Post a Comment