Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Trip to Rocky Mount, NC











I travelled to Rocky Mount to Verna's house for Haley's wedding shower. Haley is marrying Verna's son Kurt in February. Linda and I left Alexandria and then stopped in Richmond to pick up Courtney and Verna's mother. We had such a good trip.






It was my first visit to Verna's house, and I just love it. It's mid-century modern and it has a fabulous floorplan for entertaining. I don't see this type of house around here, and I thought it was so well designed: main floor master bedroom, large entertaining spaces and a fabulous porch that ran across the back of the house.






We celebrated so much: Haley's wedding shower, Lea's engagement, and Linda's birthday.






I should really leave town more often--so much fun!






The theme for the shower was Christmas, so I crafted a bucket of gifts with Linda and Courtney. I ordered her a Santa from Herman Hollins, and he added the heart just for them. I think a little folk art is perfect in anybody's house! Herman Hollins e-mail: folkark@aol.com







No comments:

Post a Comment