Friday, January 13, 2012

My Top Dozen Books for 2011









I'm sharing my favorite books of 2011. I have loved reading on my Kindle--couldn't live without it. Then I started listening to books in the car. I download to my Ipod, and then I can hook it into my car audio system and listen through my speakers--so much fun!




- Unbroken – Lauren Hildebrand
- The Year We Left Home – Jean Thompson
- Daughters-in-Law – Joanna Trollope
- Cutting for Stone – Verghese
- Long Drive Home – Allison
- Maine – Sullivan
- State of Wonder – Ann Patchett
- Let the Great World Spin – Colum McCann
- This Beautiful Life – Helen Schulman
- Sarah’s Key – Tatiane de Rosnay
- Northwest Corner – John Burnham Schwarz
- Silver Sparrow – Tayari Jones

Audible Books
Toward the end of the year, I started listening to books on tape as suggested by my pals Verna and Willie. It is wonderful having a book playing in the car. I download to my I-Pod and then I can plug it into my car where it plays through the car speakers. Some of my favorites so far:
- Bossy Pants – Tina Fey
- The Time of Our Lives – Tom Brokaw
- I Remember Nothing – Nora Ephram






No comments:

Post a Comment