Monday, November 15, 2010

Shopping in Leesburg


This is a darling shop in Leesburg that my friend Cathy told be about. It's full of folk art, old furniture, and all sorts of creative house accessories. It's called the Cottage, and it's located in the heart of Leesburg on King St.
Check it out--so cute! I also go to the French store next door which carries Vietri pottery and very French things and cute cards. Then I'm off to the Lightfoot Restaurant for a fabulous grilled cheese sandwich! It's a great outing.
Movies: I saw Morning Glory, and it was actually much better than I expected. It was light and funny (and yes, fairly predictable). Rachel McAdams is cute on screen as always, and Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford were just what one would expect. I did laugh out loud several times, so that makes it a winner for me--not great--but pretty good.
Cupcakes: Maureen called me to ask about cupcakes over the weekend. I told her all about Lavender Moon on Royal St. in Old Town. By the time I finished telling her about all the delicious cupcakes in pretty pink boxes, I just had to go get one. Flourless chocolate is a most delicious flavor, as is smores. So so delicious! I recommend this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment