Friday, October 7, 2011

Linda Eder at the Strathmore

Last night I went with Willie & Peter to the Strathmore in Maryland to see the very talented Linda Eder sing. I have been a fan of hers for awhile now, and I've seen her 4 times in concert.

The first time I saw her was at the Kennedy Center where she sang with the National Symphony Orchestra, and I was mesmerized by her beautiful voice.

The show that I really loved was a Christmas show at the Kennedy Center where she sang with Marvin Hamlisch directing the National Symphony Orchestra at the Pops Concert. It's a thrill to hear a fabulous voice with a full symphony. Matter of fact, I thought about going back to repeat that show the next day, but it was sold out.

Her Christmas CD is one of my seasonal favorites. By the way, she is originally from Minnesota--another plus in my book.

Even though the traffic was somewhat difficult on a Thursday at rush hour, it was well worth the trip. I hope that she is at the Kennedy Center for her next tour here.

What a wonderful evening! Pure enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment