Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cleaning out the dryer vent

This is something we haven't done here - ever!  When I had the house power washed this fall, the contractor said that my dryer vent looked full - meaning that white fluff was comiing out the exterior vent. 

So, I went to Angie's List and found a dryer vent cleaning special.  Right A Way Duct Cleaning, 1-888-541-5585 came out today and cleaned my dryer vent.  It has never been cleaned--that would be 25+ years of drying clothes.  They said that I did have quite a lot of lint in the vent.  And, yes, I have always thought that we are good at cleaning out the little lint catcher in the dryer. 

I knew somebody once who lost her house in a fire as a result of the a fire in the dryer vent.  So, think about it - maybe a dryer vent cleaning could go on your "to do list". 

No comments:

Post a Comment